The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an open innovation center for the development of bio-based products and processes, founded in 2008 and located in Ghent. In recent years, it has grown to one of the leading pilot plants in Europe and is recognized by the European Commission as a model pilot plant for the key enabling technology Industrial Biotechnology.
Bioprocess Engineer Apply
To expand our team, we are looking for an engineer or biotechnologist with a strong background in fermentation, downstream processing and scale up.
- a degree in bio-engineering or related (bioprocessing, chemistry, biotechnology, cell- and gene technology).
- PhD in Biotechnology is a surplus.
- at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience.
- relevant experience with bacterial, yeast or fungal hosts.
- relevant experience with biocatalytic processes for the production of chemicals, food ingredients or cosmetics.
- knowledge of scale up and pilot research is an asset.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant supports the bio-based economy by development, optimization and scale up of bio-based processes and products, bridging the gap between laboratory research and industrial production.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant participates in a number of R&D projects, some funded by European and regional agencies, some privately funded by companies we collaborate with.
We offer a dynamic, international and young working environment with excellent perspectives for the future. You are based at the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, situated in the port of Ghent in Belgium.
A suitable candidate can start immediately.