Animal cell culture expert Apply
- You hold at least a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry/biotechnology, biomedical laboratory technology, or other related scientific degree. Preferably you hold a master’s degree in a biotechnological study discipline, or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience with animal/human cell cultures and bio-process optimization.
- You are a highly motivated scientist who is looking forward to conduct industrially relevant, applied research.
- You are strongly committed to your goal and do not get discouraged easily by any setbacks.
- You feel comfortable with giving your own input in a team and performing tasks independently.
- You have good organizational, social and communication skills and you express yourself fluently in English, as well verbally as in writing.
- You are a team player, you enjoy working with others to achieve goals, you share information with others, you support others, and you put yourself at the service of the team.
You strengthen the Research and Development Team of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant as an expert in working with animal cell cultures. Here, you will work on the development, optimization and scale up of mammalian/avian cell cultures, with the aim of supplying the food industry with raw materials for the development of cultured meat-based products. This work is part of the consortium based ‘Foiture’ project.
- You will be given the challenging task of transforming a process for growing cultured meat on a laboratory scale into a robust, scalable and above all cost-efficient production process.
- You will independently search in scientific literature etc. for interesting and relevant (innovative) process techniques, production equipment, growth media etc. and stay up to date with the topic. Thinking out-of-the-box will undoubtedly be an added value.
- You will independently design and carry out experiments with great care.
- You will critically evaluate results, report them, and propose new experiments accordingly.
Certainly, you will always be supported by and closely work together with other members of the R&D Team. A great team spirit and communication are therefore key.
You will be employed by the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant. The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant was established in 2008 and currently has around 90 employees. It is a unique, open innovation pilot and demonstration facility for process development, scale-up and (test) production of bio-based products and processes. We combine a large and flexible range of modular unit operations with a team of highly qualified and experienced bio-process engineers and technicians to translate bio-based laboratory scale processes into cost-effective industrial processes. These innovative processes contribute to a sustainable bio-economy and help to respond to the major climate challenges.
To date, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant has carried out more than 300 bilateral projects for more than 150 companies from all over the world. It is/was also a partner in more than 40 publicly funded projects.
More information: www.bbeu.org/pilotplant
We offer you an extremely exciting and challenging job within a highly motivated and likable team, with a strong focus on strengthening our position in a competitive industry, driven by innovation and result-oriented work.
You will be submerged in a dynamic, international and vibrant working environment with excellent network possibilities and future prospects. Furthermore, you will receive an attractive salary package (incl. meal vouchers, group insurance, flextime, lease bikes… and much more).
You are based at the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, situated in the port of Ghent in Belgium.
A suitable candidate can start immediately.
Please, send your applications online via https://jobs.bbeu.org/.