The Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an open innovation pilot facility for the development of bio-based products and processes, founded in 2008 and located in Ghent.
In recent years, it has grown to one of the leading pilot plants in Europe and is recognized by the European Commission as a model pilot plant for the key enabling technology Industrial Biotechnology. Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant supports the bio-based economy by development, optimization and scale up of bio-based processes and products, bridging the gap between laboratory research and industrial production.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant acts as a service provider for companies that want to optimize their processes, scale up their innovation or produce first-series compounds. Our customers base includes companies from Europe, USA and Asia.
Project Acquisition Coordinator Apply
- You have a technical background in bio-based processing or industrial biotechnology.
- You have affinity and experience with research and development projects for bio-based products and processes.
- You have a technical degree and know-how base, combined with a marketing and business sense.
- You have an internationally oriented profile and communicate fluently in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French or German is an asset.
- Experience with European projects (Horizon2020, Interreg, LIFE+) draft and/or management is a plus.
- You are very well organised.
- Prospecting of new projects by attendance of brokerage events and conferences.
- Coordination of new project proposals with external partners.
- Project management, reporting and administration of several R&D projects.
- Strong interaction with the other members of the business development team and the project execution team.
We offer a dynamic, international and young working environment with excellent perspectives for the future. You are based at the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, situated in the port of Ghent in Belgium. Frequent international travelling to meet with customers is an integral part of the job. You come into close contact with all aspects of research collaborations, including technical expertise, business strategy and contractual matters. As one of our business developers, you play a key role in the success of the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant. An experienced and suitable candidate can start immediately.